There were so many “firsts” this year.
- My first time going to Italy.
- My first time going to Portugal.
- My first (and second) time running a 5k (or any other race for that matter)
- My first time running over 2 miles at once at all, I believe.
- My first time having a blog.
etc, etc, etc.
I am determined to make 2010 full of even more firsts.
This year I plan to…
- Run a 10k (tomorrow!)
- Visit double digit land and become a regular there
- Run the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon (first half marathon!)
- Start training for a full marathon
- Actually learn how to use the machines at the gym
- More strength training
- Meet new people and build stronger friendships
- Learn to love myself more everyday
- Stop holding myself back out of fear of failing
- Get an A in accounting
- Go off to a four year school
- Study more
In the kitchen:
- Stop being lazy and start cooking!
- Try out a new recipe at least once every two weeks (I’ll try for every week though)
- Make more conscious decisions about what I eat – eat healthier
- Drink more water
- Less fast food (if any at all. Try to keep it down to once a month at most.)
- Go to Orlando for the Disney Marathon!
- Take a flight over to Saint Maarten’s after Orlando [for a day]
- We’ll just have to wait and see!
It’s hard to try new things; it’s hard to set goals and actually stick to them. I’m trying to make realistic goals for myself, things that I will actually want to do rather than just think that I have to do.
Starting off the new year by running my first 10k? Not a bad way to begin a new year if you ask me. As for the race? I’m not too worried about time. A sub-1:00 would be ideal; however, I’m going to be estatic no matter what. Just as long as I finish. The race does mean that I’ll be having a calm night though. Chowing down on some whole wheat pasta and broccoli and going to sleep early!
I’ve never made “serious” resolutions for myself. Resolutions that I think of and then immediately forget about it more my style. They’ve never been things I’ve actually thought I will accomplish until now. I’m excited to see what is in store for this year, what I will be able to push myself to do. Hopefully, you will all be along for the ride!
What are you determined to do this year?
Any plans for tonight more exciting than my plan of crashing early?